Be Prepared for Your Loan Application - What to Bring
Return to the Real Estate Library
- Addresses for two full years
- Gross monthly income
- W-2s, if available
- Proof of pensions, retirement, disability or Social Security, proof of income from rentals, investments, etc. Proof of child support or alimony paid/received year to date, pay stubs.
- Two years 1040 Tax Returns and all Schedules
- Current year profit and loss statement
- Each creditor's name, address and type of account, account numbers, monthly payments and approximate balances, and amount of child care expenses.
- Names and addresses of saving institutions, account numbers for all accounts, type of accounts and present balances.
- List of assets in stocks, bonds, land
- Life insurance cash value (documented if for down payment). If applicant is selling a home, a copy of the sales contracts and Social Security numbers for all parties should be provided.
- Veterans - Certificate of Eligibility and DD-214
- Cash or check to pay for application fee
Your Realtor should provide
- Copy of sales contract
- Copy of MLS listing sheet on property
- Instructions on how appraiser is to gain entrance